Seasonal Cashier & Hardlines Support Associate
The Hardlines Support Associate is responsible for enhancing the experience of our Members and driving sales through courteous and proactive support to Members, accurately and efficiently sales and service transactions, maintaining merchandise standards, ensuring the sales floor is ready all day, and maintaining price integrity.
Areas of Responsibility
- Provides the highest degree of Member service by making the Member the first priority; this includes stopping other merchandising tasks in order to assist members. Greets every Member who enters the zone to begin the Member First Engagement process of greet, discover, solve, and close. Demonstrates the right behaviors in the selling process and takes ownership for identifying needs and recommending appropriate solutions. Engages with Members in a professional manner to deliver a Members First experience
- Maintains thorough knowledge of available merchandise, and services to assist Members in locating and selecting merchandise.
- Strives to deliver a “WOW” member experience every time, and seeks feedback to ensure they are delivering the right experience, and understand how to improve.
- Takes ownership for enhancing the Member experience, and assists with Member concerns Uses the right resources in resolving concerns and complaints, and escalates concerns as needed. Partners with associates storewide to provide superior Member experience (i.e., assist members, maintain presentation, answer phones). Provide an effective transition for the member to another associate as needed to resolve concerns.
- Completes Member transactions accurately and efficiently using POS and online systems, including sales, returns and exchanges in accordance with authorized processes. Executes consistent operational and selling processes (e.g., credit application process, care plan) and stays up-to-date on changes.
- Versed in the benefits of Shop Your Way (SYW), the elements of a WOW experience, and able to sell the program to members.
- Leverages integrated retail technology and Know Your Member in order to facilitate the Member experience.
- Educates Members on our Satisfaction Guaranteed return policy. Optimizes credit, gift card, SYW Rewards, and multi-channel opportunities (and, where applicable, Care Plans, Merchandise Replacement Agreements, and other miscellaneous income opportunities).
- Sets non-promotional, promotional, and seasonal signing, including store-wide and event signing if assigned to perform this activity. Performs promotional ad setup and take down without error or omissions.
- Sets and maintains sales floor to national merchandising and presentation standards.
- Performs merchandise support tasks (e.g., straightening merchandise) during each work shift. Responsible for keeping the department ready all day and ensuring the sales floor is easy to shop, in stock, clean, signed and organized for customers.
- Performs accurate count updates and inventory adjustments.
- Adheres to merchandise protection standards.
- Uses basic internet navigation to access and print information/reports.
- Stays current and understands the implications of upcoming events, product updates, selling process requirements, and Company/business initiatives.
- Maintains on-going knowledge of applicable National Presentation Standards, store merchandise, integrated retail, SYW, and operational processes. Achieves and maintains appropriate levels of learning standards through Segno and other learning systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Basic reading, arithmetic, writing and oral communication skills
- Basic Internet navigation
- Education Experience: Less Than HS Graduate
- Age Requirement: 18 years of age or older when multi-level unit with freight elevator
How to Apply
Req/Job ID: 885623BR