Job Description: Assists with the management of day-to-day operations within a rue21 store; reports directly to the Store Manager.
Apply online at http://careers.rue21.com/ or call the Harrisburg rue21 at 717-545-1868 with any questions.
Job responsibilities include:
- Provide managerial, operational, and financial support to the Store Manager
- Drive and maximize store sales, control and minimize shrink, and control payroll within budget to achieve store goals
- Execute company directives for merchandise placement, visual displays, and signage as well as maintain company standards for cleanliness and organization within a store
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, and follow all safety standards to ensure a safe work and shopping environment
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service
- Support the Store Manager in driving associates to execute their job duties, provide exceptional customer service, and offer positive resolutions to challenges and complaints from customers
- Achieve accuracy in executing markdowns, shipping, receiving, and cash control- Help recruit, train, develop, and retain qualified associates to ensure staffing needs are consistently met
- Participate in the performance counseling of associates
- Complete all other duties as assigned
Qualifications: - Demonstrated ability, in a sales and customer service, or management capacity, in assisting the Store Manager to operate and drive sales, preferably in a retail environment.
- Minimum of 1 year retail management experience
- Minimum of 1 year work experience at an apparel retailer
- Work a scheduled minimum of 15 hours per week including weekends and holidays with the ability to increase hours based on business needs
- Stand for up to 8 hours
- Carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb and balance on ladders
- Bend at the waist
- Lift up to 40 pounds
- Kneel and squat on the ground
- Reach above the shoulder frequently